- In 2009, there were an estimated 2,199,125 burglaries*
- Victims of burglary offenses suffered an estimated $4.6 billion in lost property in 2009*
- Burglaries of residential properties accounted for 72.6 percent of all burglary offenses*
- 480,500 structure fires occurred in the U.S. during 2009*
- One structure fire is reported every 66 seconds*
- One home fire is reported every 87 seconds*
- 17,050 civilian fire injuries and an estimated $12,531,000,000 in direct property loss*
- Texas ranks 1St in U.S. in number of tornadoes, amount of damage from tornadoes*
- $1,955,927,552.00 was the amount of damage tornadoes caused in 2009*
- FEMA states the number one thing you need to have after a tornadoes is a photos of your home and contents for insurance purposes*
- Definition according to NFIP - two or more adjoining properties that are flooded, constitutes a flood.*
- Homeowners Insurance does NOT cover rising water
* Dept of Justice, FBI 2009 statistics, National Fire Protection Association, From FEMA 2009
Again, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to document your loss.
Privacy and confidentiality are a concern anytime someone enters your home.
We understand this concern and are sensitive to the needs of our clients. All information disclosed during all phases of the inventory process is strictly confidential. A confidentiality agreement is part of our standard contract. HIM
will not disclose or distribute confidential information to any third party.